Saturday, February 6, 2010

Slimfast or no Slimfast, that is the question.

I have so much left over Slimfast and Weight Watchers smoothie mix. I know that when I was on my pre-op diet my surgeon specifically said not to use those. So now I am wondering, do I throw them away..? Any opinions appreciated!

Day 2 Week 1 of C25K is done. I looked forward to it today, and this time I went to the local middle school and used the outdoor track. Much easier than going uphill (uh). It was a chill 22 degrees outside but by the second interval I did not feel it! Has anyone ever done week 1 twice? I just wonder if after my next session that I will be ready to do longer runs. I guess I could just give it a try and see.

I had a yummy dinner last night, thanks to TJ's Test kitchen..btw I would enter a link but I am not sure how to do that. wah.
Here is the recipe, it is so good! Thanks for sharing TJ..


Saucy Baked Eggs
For ONE serving:
1 cup Marinara sauce (jar or home made!)
2 eggs
Parmesan cheese-to sprinkle on after it bakes

Place sauce in corning ware- add two eggs, cover and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees or until eggs are cooked to your liking. I only ate half, it was more than enough.

7 comments:

  1. Save them for after fills when you need liquids for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with band groupie about after fills. Also if you start working out and lifting weights you will need a post workout shake to use as a recovery drink. They are both really good for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just save it then, I have a huge tub of it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to get rid of them, donate them to your local foodbank... they are ALWAYS looking for high protein stuff like that. Otherwise, I agree that you should keep them (although I'll admit that I actually threw out about 20 packets of that today because it had passed the date)....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept mine - because I knew there would be a time when my band was tight in the morning and all you can get down is a liquid protein. Worked a treat. Also sometimes you might want one after a fill.. they're great for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too bought a ton of them. Never thought of using them after workouts though. Now I'll think about that. I just got SO TIRED of them during my liquid phase. My doc doesn't make us go back on full liquids though. Just mushies for a couple days. So I do cream soups and mashed taters.

    ReplyDelete